My Photo
Name:
Location: Laughing Lady, Montana, United States

I am a mystic. Mostly concerned with the spiritual. I love the forests, which seem to me the least corrupted Word of God; unless, of course, the Big Whodunnit decides to send a live messenger.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

TWO SILVER EAGLES



DEFLATED: Although I've worked on my hood latch and thought it was working, today I hit the highway, popped up my headlights to turn on my parking lights, and they lifted the hood and the hood flew up and re-smashed my already cracked windshield.  This is the second time this has happened.  I had just repaired the last incidence.  This time it was NOT my fault (small consolation).  Still, Joe is out of hoods for my car.  And I'm about low as cast off tread longside the oil.

But here's something redeeming: on the last replacement hood there were two pin-down holes.  Now I'm not much into souping up cars, but I like to art them up, so I mounted two silver eagles on the hood, one in each pin hole.  I liked their look, splitting the wind on their wings as I rumbled down the road.  Made me wish I could see the wind.  I lost the one that was JB welded by slamming the hood last time I used the car, 70 miles ago.  Put the little eagle on my dash.  Today I lost the other one, the one BOLTED thru the other pin hole.  I felt even lower because of that.  At home, removing the ruined hood, I found the lower part of the bolt ON TOP of the car.  I laughed because I had fantasized that my eagle might be riding on top of the car.  I looked the car over and NO KIDDING I found my other eagle caught by a wing in the rear deck lid. 

BUT NOT BUSTED: There are NO coincidences ... so what does it mean that I still have my two silver pot metal eagles?  Does that mean I can still fly?  Right now, that tiny little bit of synchronicity is all that is keeping me interested in remaining awake, bro's and sisters.

1 Comments:

Blogger brooke said...

Writer's group tomorrow. Perhaps a bit of an upswing?

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home