My Photo
Name:
Location: Laughing Lady, Montana, United States

I am a mystic. Mostly concerned with the spiritual. I love the forests, which seem to me the least corrupted Word of God; unless, of course, the Big Whodunnit decides to send a live messenger.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

SRI BABA AND I

Sri Baba can recall for you an acorn
so clearly you can feel it
in the palm of your hand.
Sri Baba can imagine the gold gilt
on an acorn with such intense detail
the gold-coated talisman
tips the jeweler's scale.

     and I...
see this little bit of dusty love
flickering like a candleflame,
changing clothes fast as a comedian
     backstage
     in some mad old movie,
see this little bit of fresh green
     wet with clean morning dew
     a tiny triumph between random monoliths
          of broken concrete slabs
          on the first morning
          after the last day,
see this tiny, tattered offering.
It's yours.
Touch it.
Tell me you can feel it.

                          ---
            Sanctuary '93.11.27

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home